- Law Degree from Federal University of Minas Gerais Law School, 1979.
- Civil law, commercial law, antitrust law, law & economics, administrative law, environmental law and mining law, family law and law of succession, bankruptcy and collection suits, reorganization and court supervised reorganization, bidding process, property right and arbitration.
- Adviser to the Brazilian Bar Association –Minas Gerais Section.
- Former Director of the Department of Economic Defense of the Law & Economics Office of the Ministry of Justice.
- Former Member of the Ethics and Discipline Board of the Brazilian Bar Association – Minas Gerais Section.
- Continuous participation in meetings and legal congresses.